Every once in a while i am asked which security conference I recommend to attend, so I thought I would try to create a little guide that can help guide your decisions. I am somewhat biased, but feel free to take the principals here and rework the results based on your own data.
These ranking are based on my own personal experience, and the ranking is hugely biased toward my prefrences.
|Israel||Technical||Free (but need to think ahead to get tickets)||Medium|
|USA||Technical/Community||Free (but need to think ahead to get tickets)||Large|
- Is someone paying me to travel? flights, hotels, etc.
- How expensive is the event?
- do I wnat to focus more on industry trends, technical topics or have great conversations?
- How far from home am I willing to travel, and for how long?
- Free - as in not paying to attend
- Low - Under 200$, something reasonable to pay out of my personal pocket
- Medium - under 1000$, I should probably get someone to cover this
- High - more than a 1000$ - Should only do this on your own money if you’re hard-core
- Commercial - for sales pitches, swag and networking (maybe some industry reconicesnce?)
- Techincal - for a deeper dive into your respective domain
- Community - networking, learning of other fields and having great conversations
- Small - under 250 people
- Medium - under 1500 people
- Large - under 5000 people
- Huge - over 5000 people